The College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University invites applications and letters of nomination for the Head of the Department of Clinical Sciences. The Department seeks a dynamic committed leader with an international reputation within the veterinary profession. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an established record of excellence in teaching, research and scholarship. The successful candidate will be eligible for appointment as a Professor, with tenure. This is a 12-month position with competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Department Head will provide academic and administrative leadership for the Department of Clinical Sciences, including faculty and curriculum development, managing the allocation of funding and resources, and student career development. The Department Head will lead a Department of 40 faculty members who are nationally and internationally recognized for their excellence in service, teaching, and experimental and clinical investigations of diseases of animals. The successful candidate may have some clinical and teaching responsibilities.
- DVM or equivalent degree and Diplomate of an AVMA recognized specialty board.
- Demonstrated outstanding achievement in teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Communication skills and leadership qualities that facilitate faculty and resource development.
- Ability to lead and manage the Department’s broad, multidisciplinary programs.
- Strong commitment to the professional development of faculty, staff and students.
- Administrative experience in an academic setting at a College of Veterinary Medicine
- MS or PhD (or other earned doctoral degree)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/500161/department-head-professor-department-of-clinical-sciences-veterinary-medicine. Please include a letter of intent addressing leadership philosophy and vision, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three individuals from whom letters of reference may be requested. The search is confidential and references will be contacted after initial screening and after candidates have given permission. Please contact the search committee chair with any questions and inquiries of interest: Dr. Amy J. Rankin (firstname.lastname@example.org 785-532-4233).