The Department of Comparative Pathobiology provides teaching in comparative biomedical sciences, pathology, and diagnostic and clinical sciences for the DVM program, conducts research in relevant areas, and provides anatomic and clinical pathology diagnostic support for internal and external clients.
What You'll Do
The Large Animals Clinical Skills Teaching Technician (LATT) works with faculty involved in equine and farm animal clinical skills teaching, the clinical skills and bovine procedures course directors, and the Farm staff to support, schedule, and coordinate activities in the Large Animal Clinical Skills Laboratory (LA Clin Skills Lab) within Building 12 (Goat Barn).
- Maintenance of simulators and equipment
- Development of teaching materials including instructional videos and simulators
- Assistance in the delivery of clinical skills laboratories.
- Helping to develop, coordinate, record, and supervise assessments of hands-on skills of DVM students.
- Work with other staff to support hands-on labs with horses, cattle, goats, sheep, pigs, llamas, and chickens teaching in other courses and in other locations as required.
This includes scheduling, ordering supplies, maintenance of IACUC protocols and animal health records, setting up labs, student instruction, and clean up after labs.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years working with large animals
- Experience using MS Office
- Certified Veterinary Technician
- Master’s degree in animal science or related discipline
- Teaching experience
- Experience producing instructional videos
- Familiarity with the learning management system Canvas
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity