The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) facilitates the development and implementation of clinical trials, including subject recruitment, regulatory processing, data collection and protocol management services. The CTO’s responsibilities include protocol coordination and implementation, data management, development of clinical trial budgets, internal auditing and clinical trial education. The Department of Clinical Sciences has more than 30 active clinical trials (refer to http://sites.tufts.edu/vetclinicaltrials/).
The Clinical Trials Veterinary Technician primary responsibility will be to carry out Veterinary Technician duties assisting with clinical trials performing study procedures according to approved clinical trial protocols involved with the Clinical Trials Office (CTO). Provide general support to the clinical research trials.
- Degree in Veterinary Medical Technology and certified as a veterinary technician, or CVT eligible. Technician skills both as a restrainer and obtaining samples along with medical terminology, general nursing care and knowledge.
- Familiarity with correct laboratory practice and protocols for sample collection.
- Ability to work in a busy sometimes stressful, pressured environment. Comfortable working independent as well as part of a team. Learn quickly, implement procedures and take initiative when necessary.
- Ability to problem solve, handle clinical emergencies and interact with a variety of people.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Computer experience required, specifically familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records and electronic data capture systems.
- Experience with social media outlets.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Additional hours may be required outside of regular work schedule.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity