Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Small Animal Emergency Critical Care (Job F#162)
Posting Date: December 01, 2021 Posting End Date: March 01, 2022
Position: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Department: Small Animal Clinical Sciences/College of Veterinary
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee," the ideal Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Small Animal Emergency Critical Care will possess the willingness use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the tripartite mission of teaching, research, and service
- Participate in and develop innovative teaching and service programs to enhance the Department, the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH), and the College
- Participate in clinical and laboratory instruction for and supervision and evaluation of veterinary students and interns with hands-on instruction, and case-based rounds or small-group didactic sessions
- Participate in providing client services to the VMTH, with emphasis on, but not limited to Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care
- Develop strong professional relationships (advising and consulting) with referring veterinarians and clients
- Participate in the supervision of staff assigned to the Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care Section
- Develop collaborative research activities in areas related to Emergency and Critical Care
- Engage in collaborative research activities in the College, the University and/or with collaborating colleges and universities
- Participate in local, state, and national outreach (community) activities and programs
- Demonstrate creative scholarship
- Serve on Department, College and University committees
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work collaboratively with others (faculty, staff, students) in a collegial diverse team environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
DVM or equivalent degree and license to practice Veterinary Medicine.
Board certification by the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC) or European College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ECVECC ) will be given preference, however, candidates who are board-eligible will be considered.
Candidates who have >3 years of clinical emergency experience will also be considered.
Clinical experience and documented competency in small animal emergency medicine and surgery are required
Additional Position Information:
This position require weekend and after work hours’ job responsibilities.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of recommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.