The Foster Hospital for Small Animals at the Cummings Veterinary Medical Center is searching for an experienced clinician to support our Diagnostic Imaging (DI) service.
The recruited veterinarian will be part of a 4-member team and the primary role is to support the DI section by providing expert advice to other services and managing the daily imaging requests. The successful applicant is expected to work collaboratively with other services as required.
What You'll Do
The successful applicant will work in a collaborative environment with dedicated technical support. The service will also have fourth year students on clinical rotations and possibly interns. Teamwork is essential as well as the ability to efficiently manage a high caseload. Training will be provided in the use of our electronic medical record system (Stringsoft). As we are a teaching hospital, the successful applicant will be involved in student and house officer mentoring on the clinic floor. We pride ourselves on providing excellent patient care and client service in a supportive environment and we would welcome the addition of enthusiastic and motivated veterinarian to support our hospital and our vision for the future.
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine, DVM, VMD or equivalent.
- Board certification by the American College of Radiology or the European College of Radiology.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in the field of diagnostic imaging.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts.
- Highly competent and committed to excellence in diagnostic imaging.
- The ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- A demonstrated interest in clinical mentorship is required.
Previous experience with clinical mentorship or teaching of DI residents and DVM students is considered an asset.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Note that this is a part time position at 0.5 FTE.
- The work schedule will be as follows but may be adjusted according to the needs of the section.
- Week one Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Week two Wednesday, Thursday
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity