The Faculty of Medicine of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), located in Brussels at the heart of Europe, is actively looking for a new full-time, tenured, academic in the field of Veterinarian Sciences. Our main campus encompasses leading laboratories in cancer research, neuroscience, diabetes research, cardio-vascular physiology and immunology and also includes the Erasme hospital and the Bordet Institute. The basic science developed in these fields benefit from high level technological platforms. Moreover, the close proximity with these world-class hospitals also nurture the development of ambitious translational research and teaching programs. Further, our Faculty is also present within the Biopark on our Gosselies campus, where scientists are in close proximity with leading-edge biomedical research industries.
The successful candidate would develop his/her research activities in the more appropriate department depending on his/her research thematics. He/she will be in charge of a teaching chair including different teaching units related to the Anatomy of Domestic Animals for the students in Bachelor in Veterinarian Medicine. He/she will benefit from the assistance of a full-time assistant in charge of practical exercises and the help of a technician.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate his/her ability to develop and conduct a high level scientific research activity in life sciences.
The applicant must hold a degree in Veterinarian Medicine and must have obtained a Ph.D. degree demonstrating important scientific achievements. Specialization or professional experience in imaging or surgery will be taken into consideration but are not a pre-requisite.
More details are available at wwwdev.ulb.ac.be/greffe/files/6488.pdf and applicants should submit the electronic files containing all the required contents directly to the Rector of the University and the Dean of the Faculty as described under this link.
Applications must be sent by e-mail jointly to the Rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles (email@example.com.) and to the Dean of the Faculty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be submitted with the following documents:
- An application lettre ;
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. A template can be downloaded at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne;
- Documentation attesting to four years of research experience;
- A teaching dossier including a 7,000-character report (4 pages) on any previous teaching experience and a teaching project for the first five years in this position; these must be relevant to the faculty and to the teaching profiles for the programs to which the applicant is to contribute;
- A report on previous and current research activities, as well as a research project – including a presentation of how the applicant plans to integrate with ULB research teams;
- A note on international accomplishments and projects (4 pages maximum);
- The names and e-mail addresses of five referees (respecting the gender balance) who may be contacted by those in charge of evaluating applications. These referees should not have conflicts of interest because of family or emotional ties.
The permanent appointment to the academic staff of ULB is made at "Premier Assistant" (First Assistant) level, if the candidate has had a PhD for less than eight years (on 1 October of the year of appointment). If the candidate has had a PhD for eight or more years, on 1 October of the year of appointment, then the appointment is made at "Chargé de Cours" (Lecturer) level.