Lecturer in Production Animal (Small Ruminant) Medicine
College of Veterinary Medicine
Continuous, full time position (37.5 hours per week)
Clinical and Professional Practice work profile
ACLEB | $110k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
Salary Packaging opportunities
The Murdoch University School of Veterinary Medicine has a commitment to veterinary education, providing an environment that gives students training in a wide variety of domestic species and wildlife. The program supports the development of skills in written and oral communication, information literacy, analysis of research findings, problem solving and teamwork.
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking an enthusiastic production animal veterinarian with experience with small ruminant animals for appointment at Lecturer level B. The appointee will become a member of our team of production animal veterinarians and academics.
A Lecturer Level B is expected to carry out activities to develop scholarly and professional expertise relevant to the profession or discipline. This position contributes to the teaching effort of the School, clinical service and is also expected to perform a limited range of administrative functions.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A degree in Veterinary Science registrable with the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia
- Demonstrated recent experience in small ruminant health and management, and farm animal practice in general.
Participation in the after-hours production animal clinical roster is also required.
- Higher academic qualifications (e.g. Masters) in large animal medicine or related discipline and recent teaching experience at a tertiary level in farm animal practice.
- Experience with teaching of postgraduate students in farm animal practice
- Ability to successfully supervise Honours, postgraduate and HDR students.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
Position contact: Peter Irwin, Principal, College of Veterinary Medicine at PrincipalCVM@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 21 December 2018 (11:59pm)