Job Description Summary
The Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applications from individuals with a DVM or its equivalent and relevant experience at the time the appointment begins. Veterinary Fellowship positions become available periodically under a variety of research grants and projects in the College. Positions are non-tenure track and are available for a minimum of one year as full time 12 month appointment with renewal possible. Responsibilities include but are not limited to working with animals and performing the following:
- Health Maintenance and clinical veterinary oversight duties for project animals.
- Maintenance of health records and clinical assessments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Veterinary care and oversight of technical and laboratory procedures.
- Supervision of project personnel or students regarding care and use of animals.
- After hours and emergency care of project animals as required.
- Responsibility for veterinary expertise, oversight and assistance in any associated project activities as required.
- Interests in biomedical research at Auburn target a fundamental niche in animal and human health, the life sciences, and production agriculture. Learn more about ongoing research in the CVM at: http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/research/.
DVM or its equivalent and relevant experience at the time employment begins.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Successful candidates must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment; excellent communication skills required. Positions are non-tenure track and are available for a minimum of one year as full time 12 month appointment with renewal possible. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Review of applications will begin after October 15, 2023 and continue throughout the year as positions become available. Applicants must upload a cover letter, CV, statement of research and/or goals, and their final official transcripts of the highest degree earned, and contact information for three professional references.