Medicine & Epidemiology Veterinary Medicine - General
Post-Doctoral Associate in Epidemiology
Job ID: 334732
Candidates must have completed a DVM and Ph.D. degrees by start date and should be able to demonstrate experience in analytical epidemiology. Experience in swine infectious diseases research is a plus. Candidates are encouraged to specify their areas of expertise; however, strong background in statistics, infectious disease modeling, network analysis, spatial statistics is desired. Proficiency in programing language, specifically R is required. Excellent oral/written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work in teams are required.
1) To conduct research and provide technical assistance to the PI, students, and trainees in the lab on surveillance, laboratory data analysis, and other miscellaneous problems related to disease epidemiology.
2) To collect and organize data for research activities.
3) To collaborate with the PI in the generation and testing of research hypotheses and data analysis, writing of papers, grants, and reports, and preparation of presentations and lectures
4) To attend, participate, or present at laboratory meetings, seminars, graduate and undergraduate lectures, and conferences as needed
5) To perform miscellaneous laboratory and office duties as assigned by the PI including, but not limited to, ordering supplies and reagents and help the PI in the organization and coordination of meetings and projects.
6) To maintain frequent communication with other faculty and collaborators, including, if required traveling to international destinations to meet with collaborators and collect data.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.