Clinical Instructor in Large Animal Ambulatory/ASRHHMP (Job F#163)
Posting Date: December 01, 2021 Posting End Date: March 01, 20222
Position: Clinical Instructor in Large Animal Ambulatory/ASRHHMP Department: Large Animal Clinical Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Clinical Instructor in Large Animal Ambulatory/ASRHHMP will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to assist with managing the ASRHHM /West Alabama ambulatory service and provide client services, including outreach programs and community service.
- Provide didactic and clinical/laboratory instruction of veterinary students and graduate veterinarians; and provide direct and indirect clinical supervision of students and technical staff assigned to the ambulatory service.
- Participate in daily clinical activities and after-hours emergency/on-call duty.
- DVM or equivalent degree. Completion of a large animal internship and/or two years experience in large animal practice.
- Demonstrated aptitude, ability and enthusiasm for clinical teaching are required. Experience instructing veterinary students in food animal medicine and surgery is desirable.
- The candidate must possess good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
This position requires weekend and after work hours’ job responsibilities.
This position requires travel.
This position is funded through restricted outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of recommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.