The Department of Biological Sciences is a large, vibrant research-active department within the College of Sciences. With state-of-the-art facilities, it offers excellent opportunities for research and related training.
The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join Dr. Warren Burggren’s Developmental Physiology laboratory. The laboratory’s research current focus is on the physiology, morphology and molecular biology associated with epigenetic inheritance of hypoxic tolerant phenotypes in freshwater fishes. The postdoctoral researcher will work on projects aimed at establishing and maintaining colonies of fishes across multiple generations, while assessing larvae and adults from each generation for specific respiratory, cardiovascular and metabolic characteristics, and conducting analysis of putative epigenetic readers, writers and erasers. We seek applicants with knowledge and experience in fresh water fish aquaculture, organismal physiological and morphological measurement and molecular biology tools and techniques.
- Ph.D. in Animal Physiology or closely related field
- Ability to design and conduct experiments both independently and collaboratively as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Research experience in freshwater fish aquaculture, physiological, morphological and molecular measurements
- Extensive knowledge of complex multi-variate statistical analyses
- Developing record of quality peer-reviewed publications
- Research experience in establishing hypoxic environments and assessing the organismal consequences
- Experience in international collaboration in biological sciences
- Strong verbal and written skills in Spanish